Pet Friendly Bed and Breakfast on Lake Buchanan (Texas Hill Country)
Pets love coming to play at Lake Buchanan just as much (or more!) than their human companions. At Rainbow Hearth, we recognize that pets offer companionship, comfort and joy, so we do have pet friendly policies so that humans and their furry friends can enjoy a wonderful vacation together at a Texas Hill Country Bed and Breakfast!
Pet Friendly Activities
As a pet friendly bed & breakfast and retreat, animals and their human companions can enjoy a number of activities together. Besides snoozing on a lazy afternoon, dogs love swimming and playing fetch in Lake Buchanan. There are several options for walking and running. For a shorter walk, there are a few trails on and around Rainbow Hearth's property. For longer walks, Canyon of the Eagles is a short ten-minute drive and has fourteen miles of trails where leashed pets are welcome.
If your pet is not trained to respond to vocal commands, you may want to keep your pet on a leash at all times. There are countless smells and animals (deer, fox, armadillos, rabbits, etc.) in the Texas Hill Country that may tempt Rover to run off, so be mindful of your pet's obedience and habits. There is plenty to keep your pet engaged and interested even if on a leash while exploring.
Pet Friendly Suites
Pets are allowed in three of the five suites at Rainbow Hearth. However, you must call in advance and speak to us to make sure it is a suitable match before making your reservation.
Pets are welcome in the Garden Cottage, the Sunset Guest House and the Tree House Yurt.
We are not able to allow pets in the Sky Loft or the Blue Heron suites in the main lodge, as barking and clicking nails may be disruptive to guests who share wall and floor space in this building.
You can view all of our rooms on our Texas Hill Country Accommodations page.
Pet Friendly Prices
Well-behaved pets are welcome at an extra charge of $10/night.
Pet Friendly Rules
- Pets must be on a leash while on the main grounds at Rainbow Hearth. This is for the safety and enjoyment of all guests, human and animal. Pets that are trained by vocal command may be off leash once away from the main lodging area or along Lake Buchanan.
- Pet owners must pick up after their pets. This might be the Hill Country, but no one likes stepping in presents left on the ground. If you forget baggies to clean up after them, please ask us and we will provide you with bags to clean up and dispose of waste.
- For the enjoyment of future guests, pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds. Please bring your own pet beds and/or blankets that your pets may sleep on during your stay.
- Pets must not be bothersome to the Rainbow Hearth animals. There are two cats and a dog on the premises, and while friendly, they don't enjoy being chased or bullied by visiting animals.
- Pets are not allowed in the dining area. Not everyone loves animals and some people are allergic to them. So the dining area is off limits to pets to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable dining experience. You may leave your pet in your suite while dining, or you can eat on the outdoor picnic tables with your pet.
- If your pet is disruptive and/or the pet rules are not being followed, we reserve the right to ask you to leave.